Thursday, July 23, 2015

My biggest feat

Most people who know me know that I struggle with anxiety. It has kept me paralyzed by fear and missing out on so many special moments in the last several years of my life. It is not something I am quiet about. I think more people should talk about mental disorders, and I firmly believe that anxiety is right up there with depression. It can absolutely wreck your life, if you let it.

In my struggle with anxiety I have learned a lot about myself; some things that I never wanted to know, and others that I am happy to have found. The biggest thing I have learned is that it is dyer that we know what makes us tick, where our happy place is and what restores our soul. For me, nature is like a tall drink of water. On my worst days, a walk alone, listening to the rain on my window, or even just 5 minutes sitting on my porch, basking in the sweet sunshine and the sound of the birds does wonders for restoring my spirit.

Taking time to breathe some fresh air and truly be observant of my surrounds, I always have the most gentle reminder that MY God made this. HE did all of this simply by speaking it into existence. He gave breath to the trees and a song to the birds, and there is no doubt that He can help me overcome my anxiety. Nature is my go to friend and my steady reminder that with Him, all things are possible and that is something that I am eternally grateful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment