Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Off to the big world of blogging...

Since we home school, it has been made clear a lot lately that my girls aren't getting enough technology thrown in their faces. Since we are fairly new to the HS world, I honestly never even considered this. When I first brought them home, I was set on focusing on the areas that they were struggling with and bringing them back up to pace, to the best of my ability. Well, they have come, seen, done and got numerous shirts. These girls are rock stars and have blown me out of the water with how quickly they have been able to catch up and catch on. Makes me wonder what was ever wrong in the first place....but that's another post, for another time.

Long story short- we have decided to let our girls create their own blogs. They came up with names, picked out the "perfect" backgrounds, etc and off they go.

As I am typing now, they are sitting down plotting out their first post and what it will include. To say they are excited would be an understatement.

They are equipped with all of the internet safety talks, information about how something is on the internet once, it never goes away- even if you delete it, and all of the million other scary facts that I could think of. I mean, lets be honest, the internet, while it is a great thing...has broken a lot of people. I want my girls to have the tools that they need to succeed, including common sense.

So...here are the links to their blogs (which are both under my name so I can monitor them.)
They would  be thrilled to get any positive comments or anything else you may have to offer a 9 and 10 year old, just trying to figure this technology thing out. :)

Em's:  http://emmasworldofdreams.blogspot.com/

Ha's: http://biglifeofhalie.blogspot.com/


Here's to a positive blogging experience, filled with a ton of useful information and skills learned- and praying that they don't get eaten up by the big world of blogging...and everything else at your fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment