Friday, July 24, 2015

In the moment

Tonight's post will be short and sweet, because I have been without my husband all week and I am utterly exhausted (here's to time away to realize what a helpful husband you have.)

Tonight's challenge post is "something I do every day." I could list several things that I am grateful for that I get to do every day, breathing, waking up to the sunshine pouring in my windows, waking up next to the man that I love, praying diligently over my precious family, seeing God's grace in countless situations through the day, and soooo many more things. But the one thing that I do every day, that I appreciate the most in this season of my life is having the opportunity to tuck my girls in and kiss them good night. I know it seems like such a simple task, or...some nights it can seem like a daunting one when you're ready to fall into bed after a rough day, but I know these nights won't last forever. One day, one day very soon, our girls won't want me to tuck them in, and kiss them good night. So, for now, I am going to savor each little bedtime moment that I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to embrace with them. I will give "just one more ugga mugga" and many nights I may snuggle with them for a while. When I am gone and all they have are memories with me, I want them to remember me being patient in the fragile little moments, like when they are burdened with the pre-teen stress from their day as they lay down their heads, or when they were 4 and scared of the dark. I want them to look back and remember the gentle caress of their hair when all the rest of the world seemed rough. I will never be a superhero, but I pray that I can be exactly what they need, in these moments.

Night, loves. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment