Thursday, July 23, 2015

Beauty in the mundane

As a stay at home, homeschooling Mom, I often take for granted the things that are right in front of me; the biggest being my girls. I have 3 amazing daughters. They are 12, 10 and 4. They are every ray of sunshine in my mornings and every twinkling star in my night. Being with them 24-7, I often catch myself focusing on the countdown to bedtime, or the (rare) date night or Mom's night out. I know that to keep myself healthy I need time away from my kids, but I also know that without them, I wouldn't be who I am.

I am making it my goal this week to focus more on the beauty in the mundane. The bubble baths with Brenny, Ha asking me to braid her hair, or the long lasting hugs (every hour) from E.

 I have family that lives in a beautiful place, surrounded by stunning mountain views. When we went to visit them not long ago, I asked my sweet cousin if you ever stop noticing the magnificence that surrounds you. She told me yes, you do. You get busy and pass the same mountain several times a day. After a while it all starts blending in to the background, but then, God sends a awe inspiring sunset, or a rainbow, or just extraordinary clouds and you look harder and are reminded of all of the glory in what has been around you the entire time.


These beautiful girls are something I see every day. I am human, and that means that there will be moments, hours, days that are not my finest. There are many days that I let the beauty slip through the cracks under the door and all I see is the in and out, the back and forth, the bickering, but in reality, these tiny moments- the ones that may not seem to hold much value or priority in the moment, they are the moments that make up the most grand picture that is my life. I am so thankful for my girls. I am thankful for the big moments and little.  I want focus more on actually seeing them, and all of their splendor, instead of letting them slip into background beauty. The greatest masterpieces are the most captivating and these girl are just that. They hold so much beauty, so much love and laughter in their little hearts. There will be days that I fail, but as their Mom I am making it my goal, every day, to focus on their beauty and let the walls be background, not them. <3

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this. It's so true how easily it is for the important things are lost in the background. I have been making it a conscious decision to be more present in everything I do. Life is just too short to have it fly right on by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is so short...and another thing that means is that you need to see your bestie soon. ;) <3

    ReplyDelete